Friday, October 17, 2008

Time For Change (Sadly...)

I went to pick up Anniston at school today and we (the parents) were told Mrs. Alison wanted to talk to us before we got our children. My first thought was maybe she needs help with something, or worse, maybe something had happened to someone from the classroom. When I got to the room I saw Anniston's teacher sitting at a table crying and three other parents with watery eyes. My heart sank because I thought something had happened to one of Mrs. Alison boys- she has three and her middle son has battled cancer for quite some time now. Then she said she had taken a job at PCA and would be leaving in a week. I was SO thankful and relieved that her boys were okay but then I realized she was leaving! We have loved Mrs. Alison and she is great with the kids. Our loss is definitely PCA's gain. I told Anniston in the car on the way home, and I don't think that she really understands that she is getting a new teacher- soon. Mrs. Brandy will be taking her place, who works at the preschool already, so I guess its good that it will be a familiar face. I get attatched pretty easily though, and I am attatched to Alison. I guess that is life. People come and go, things change and we have to change and adjust with them. Its not always easy to do. A very good friend of mine told me a couple of weeks ago that she and her family (husband and 4 children) would be moving at the end of the year to be "parents" at a childrens home in Mississippi. Again, I know this is what is best for them right now, but I will miss them terribly! Sidney and Hutson are dear friends to Alyssa and Anniston. We will adjust, but we will sure miss these people who were put in our lives and touched our family!
Change Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: