Friday, August 28, 2009

Alyssa Swims and Goes to Camp

I am SO behind on blogging I don't even know where to begin or how to organize these blogs! I think I'll just go child by child and update that way. Starting with Alyssa!
She swam again this summer for the Grandview Gators. She loves swim team! The practices are EARLY (7:00 am) but she's dedicated. Now, by the end of summer, she was not jumping out of bed quite as quick as in early June, but... She did great this summer. The breast is her favorite stroke and she finally perfected her dive!

Yay. That takes several seconds off your start time so we were excited for her. This was her list of events at the championship swim meet!





Alyssa also went to camp for the first time ever this summer! It was a week long (Sunday thru Friday) and was about 2 hours away! Yikes! She went with some very good friends of ours, Jeremy and Amber. They took a group from their church, Elmore Church of Christ. I think she was a little homesick but it was a good experience. I think she might even want to go back again next year- we'll see!
I think these 2 sisters missed one another! And, for the record, I obviously did not dress Alyssa in this lovely "coordinating" outfit she's seen wearing here. This is what happens by the last day of camp!
Alyssa and Sidney
The girls from Alyssa's cabin performing their skit.

No comments: