Saturday, July 31, 2010

Summer 2010

Besides the biggie this summer, MOVING, we've also done a lot of other fun things!  Once we got settled in and unpacked for the most part, I was ready to enjoy summer with my girls!  I LOVE summer time, I love the heat, the pool, the beach, sunny days, swimsuits, barefeet, sprinklers, frozen drinks, popsicles, cookouts, late nights outside with neighbors, sleeping in, sleep overs, lazy days....did I mention I LOVE summer?  It's my favorite season.  A lot of people in the south dread and hate summer.  Not me.  Bring it on!  So after spending a few weeks getting moved I felt like summer was slipping by and I wanted to make the most of what we had left.  I knew we wouldn't be going on a big summer family vacation but we tried to plan several small getaways.  We saw several movies- Toy Story 3, The Karate Kid, Twilight: Eclipse, Ramona and Beezus and Grown Ups for Wes and me, which was hilarious by the way.  We took an overnight trip to Huntsville with my dear friend from high school, Kristi and her boys Brylan and Kyler.  We went to the space center and then spent the night at a hotel and the next day went to Botanical Gardens which was beautiful!

On Father's Day I took the girls to see Wes since he was working at LifeFlight.  We surprised him with Burger King for lunch and he gave the girls the grand tour of the base house and the helicopter.  Needless to say, they think their Daddy has a pretty cool job!

We also went to Panama City with one of my best friends Rethelle and her children Jordan, Tyler, and Jerrica.  Now, I haven't been to Panama City too many times.  Once was senior trip and another time was spring break.  I'm pretty sure there was way too much alcohol involved each time so the memories are slightly blurred.  But we managed to find our hotel, which was less than we'd hoped for, and we managed to find our way to the beach and Applebees and several tacky souvenir shops.  We had a blast and the weather was great.  It was a perfect weekend getaway!
When the 4th of July rolled around, we headed back over to the old 'hood- neighborhood that is.  We just LOVE our Taylor Crossing neighbors.  We made 7 years of wonderful memories on that street in that house and with people who will forever be like family to us.  So we went back and cooked out and shot fireworks with everyone.  It was great!
Notice the tatoos on their cheeks?  They may still be there NEXT July 4th!  :)
The rest of the summer was spent with days at the pool and playdates with friends.  It was one of the busiest summers we've had yet.  Now we are down to the last week before school starts and Alyssa will be gone to camp the entire week. I guess we'll finish up school supply shopping and getting ready for 1st and 4th grade and start looking forward to the cruise with Chet and Cristy in November!!!

No comments: