Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ayden Claire is 3!

Our "baby" is 3!  I think no matter how old she is, she will forever be the "baby" to all of us!  She's just the best little person with the best little personality and I love, love, love this little girl.  She talked about her "birfday potty" (because she speaks like a proper little British girl should) for oh, about 8 months straight.  It had to be Dora and she had to invite Peeps, Ella and Sophie.  Her besties.  But her birthday also had to fall right after Alyssa's 10th and our anniversary so there is always tons of extra money and time.  Right.  Oh, and this year Kendra had her baby on Ayden Claire's birthday!  So I was in Birmingham welcoming Miss Audrey Kai most of the day of Ayden Claire's actual birthday.  But, between all the craziness that was the month of September, we decided to celebrate her birthday with our friends from our old neighborhood.  Lisa was throwing Jason a surprise 40th and since everyone and their kids were going to be there, she said we could include AC.  (Super big thank you, Lisa.  And Jason, for sharing your party!)  Ayden Claire, in all of her 3 years of infinite wisdom, totally thought every person there was there entirely for her "potty" and never suspected a thing.  Like that I didn't actually do a very good job of planning her a great 3rd birthday bash like her sisters had....  Poor 3rd child, huh?  You know what?  She's our happiest and most well adjusted!  I almost wish someone would have told me to take it easy with the parties when they were young and I could get away with cake and cheese puffs and several friends.  It was perfect and she still talks about her Dora "potty".  And, maybe if I start now, I can make the 4th birthday a real blowout!
Doesn't she look SO excited to be turning 3?!??!  She is really THE happiest kid!


 And I am THE happiest aunt- even though I'd been up ALL night waiting on Miss Kai.  She was worth it!

Our big 3 year old with her "peace sign shoes" she HAD to have!  

No comments: