Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Kelley's Got Talent




Today there was a talent show at the library. When I first heard they were having one, I blew it off. I don't have children that sing The Star Spangled Banner in tune or break wood with their heads! But then I got to thinking about what they can do! I mean, we have invested alot of time (and too much money!) in dance, gymnastics, and baton. So I suggested to Alyssa she might want to twirl the baton for her talent and I knew exactly what Anniston could do- headstands! If you have seen Anniston, you have likely seen her almost perfect headstand! She can stand on her head and watch an entire t.v. show if she wanted. She's quite our little acrobat. Well, Alyssa has just gotten where she can do a headstand almost as good as her little sister, so she chose to showcase this new talent instead of the baton. Alyssa's friend Sarah went with us and she twirled the baton. Two girls jumped rope, there was a hula-hooper, some ballerinas, a magician, a dinosaur impersonator (which was quite good), and three renditions of Taylor Swift's "Our Song". Although you can't see their heads since they are standing on them, here are some pictures of the girls doing their headstands!

No comments: