Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Day

Obama Swearing In Pictures, Images and Photos
Well, today is President Obamas first full day as the leader of our great nation. No matter how you feel about him (and I know we all have strong opinions on both ends of the spectrum), he is our President and he needs our support and prayers. He has "inherited" quite a mess and I know that can't be blamed solely on George W. Bush. I was glued to the TV yesterday watching the inauguration. I'm nostalgic and sentimental and I wanted to see history in the making. Anniston was so funny. She kept saying "Where is John McCain?" I told her he didn't win and wasn't going to be president. She said, "He was the loser?" She had decided to pull for Obama back in November while Alyssa chose to be a McCain supporter. A house divided! She couldn't help but rub it in at supper- "Alyssa, John McCain didn't win. He isn't president. He lost because he didn't get as many votes as Obama." Frankly, to hear my 4 year old talking politics cracks me up to no end, no matter who she's choosing! I hope they all grow up and stay somewhat interested in politics and our country. Raging conservative to middle of the road to tree hugging liberal- thats the great thing about America. We all get to have opinions and let our voices be heard.

No comments: