Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Preschool Promotion






Today was Anniston's Preschool Promotion Ceremony. She started going to Wee CBC (Coosada Baptist Church) in January. We didn't start her in August because I was expecting Ayden Claire in September and I just felt like it would be too much. I wanted to adjust to having three before we put anything else on our plate, like preschool! And, honestly, Anniston was still my "baby" and I wasn't in a rush to send her off three mornings a week. But then Ayden Claire came and I realized my "baby" was not such a baby anymore. It hit me how much of a big girl she had become and no one bothered to tell me she wasn't a "baby" anymore! So by December I knew it was time to let Anniston spread her wings and go to "school" so I enrolled her at Wee CBC and she was set to start after the Christmas break. Never has she been so excited! She almost didn't make it the 3 weeks until time to start. We went on a Disney Princess backpack hunt. December is not exactly the time stores have lots of backpacks to choose from but we finally found one at Rack Room Shoes (thank goodness!). So off she went, Disney Princess accessorized and ready to conquer the world of 3 year old preschool. She put on her brave face for day one and hugged me good-bye and my "baby" made it through her first day! Not that I doubted she would, Anniston however, has always been my little sidekick. Whereas Alyssa was born with wings and ready to fly the coop, Anniston is a little less enthusiastic about the great big world outside of her comfort zone. Yes, there have been mornings Ms. Angie had to pry her off my legs and I've left her in tears a few times. I think the show is more for me than her true desire to not be left! She has loved school and made lots of new friends. Jerrica is her best friend! I think she was just as proud as her teacher when a little boy in her class, Hayden, went potty by himself! She talks about going to music and art and playing outside. We went on a field trip to fish at Lanark (and had a blast!). She has learned a lot and although its been hard for us to part at times, I think we made the right decision and sent her at the right time! We will miss Ms. Angie next year, but I know she will have a great teacher. I can't wait to see what excitement 4 year old preschool brings....I can already see her in her cap and gown graduating....okay, I'll slow down. I'm not quite ready for my "baby" to be there yet!

No comments: