Thursday, May 1, 2008

UPS Drivers Rock...

In the car the other day, Alyssa informed me she knew what she wanted to be when she grew up. Hmmmm....I'm thinking she's about to say a vet or dentist, the two she usually mentions. "I want to be a UPS driver!" she tells me excitedly. "Okay...." I respond. I'm just wondering where in the world the child came up with that as what she wants to do! She doesn't make me wait very long to find out her reason behind this chosen career, "Well, they get to ride in the big truck all day without any doors. I think that would be cool to ride without doors!" I'm chuckling to myself, fortunately she's on row three and can't see me. "Thats right," I tell her, "and you get to deliver packages to people all day and you know how exciting it is to get a package, so you would get to make people happy all day!" She's already back to fighting with Anniston over something else, I'm not sure she hears me. It doesn't matter to her, she was just intrigued by the prospect of riding in a vehicle without doors. Who knows what she'll be when she's an adult, I hope it makes her happy though, and if she does go the UPS route, I hope she buckles up and doesn't make any sharp left turns!
Now for the latest on my middle child, Anniston, who was just evaluated for speech therapy at her school a few months back. She didn't quite make it for needing therapy, she said to many letters. However, she has a handful that she can't say and this makes her hard for others to understand at times. One of those is L. So at our house, we know what "Awyssa", "I wove you", and "I don't like those cwothes" all mean. Well, all of a sudden the other day I notice that when Anniston talks it sounds strangley different to me. It took me a few hours before I finally realized what it was, she was actually pronouncing the letter "L". I couldnt' believe how different her saying that one letter correctly made her entire speech. Every time I hear her say "Alyssa" I do a double take! I'm glad she won't forever be saying "W"'s for "L"'s but I will never forget the days when her sissy was "A-wyssa!"
Little Ayden Claire is trying to crawl now! She gets where she wants by dragging herself and rolling. We were at the park several days ago and I noticed a little boy about 2 or so staring at Ayden Claire. Finally he looked up at his mommy and pointed to her and, sounding a little confused, said "Look at that brown baby...." I just laughed. If you have seen my children, they definitely take after their dad with their olive skin tone. I am the whitest chick in the house! I think the little boy was wondering why she was so "brown" and with such a "white" woman. His mother looked a little embarrassed by her son's comment. I have gotten many laughs about it though and now we call her, jokingly, "brown baby" because, well, she really is brown!

No comments: