Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks

thankful Pictures, Images and Photos
Thursday was Thanksgiving. Its a bittersweet holiday for me. I am so thankful for many things, which I'll get to momentarily, but it reminds me of the Thanksgivings I used to enjoy with my Granny and how much I miss that. She loved to cook for the people she loved and she fed us well! This was our 3rd Thanksgiving without her and I still miss her just as much as I did that first year. I was so blessed to have had such a wonderful, inspiring Granny, and for that I will always be extremely thankful! Also topping my list for things to give thanks for is, obvisouly my 3 healthy daughters. We could never thank God enough for placing these girls in our arms to raise and love. I know I have never done anything worthy of such wonderful gifts and I will always be so thankful for our girls. My wonderful husband deserves a million thanks! He puts up with so much- he lives with 4 females, can you imagine? He wipes tears (all of ours), rubs necks and legs and arms(all of ours), cooks a good bit of the time, bathes, prays and works a job and a half outside of all that! He is such a Godsend and he does all that he does with a positive attitude. I am so blessed to have sisters I can call on anytime to share stories with, gripe to, and count on. I also have a little brother that I am so thankful is in our lives- he is an amazing young man and I can't wait to see what he is going to do in life- I have a feeling its going to be great. I'm thankful for my mom- who I've learned so much from. I'm grateful for the "Nanny" that she is to our girls. I'm thankful for friends- the true few who know probably more than they really want to know about me! So those are the biggies, but I'm also thankful for some of lifes simple pleasures. Like, big red gum, summertime, cuddling, neckrubs, flipflops, Target, hairbows and ribbon, my favorite blue jeans, being from Alabama, pepper, mashed potatoes and macaroni, the E! channel, hot baths, good books....the list goes on!

1 comment:

The Fay's said...

you totally forgot about Diet coke, sister! that should have been number 1!!!