Monday, December 29, 2008

Twenties No More

My husband turned 30 yesterday, December 28th. I can't believe I just said that! 30! I've known "of" him since I was little and would visit my grandparents. He lived a few houses down the street from them and I would see him riding his bike past on occasion. Then when I went to live with them in the 8th grade I learned his name was Wes Kelley and he was very cute. In 9th grade we had several classes together. He was a typical 9th grade boy- class clown, goof off, immature...you know. By 11th grade he had grown up slightly and we began dating December 1st of 1995 our junior year. So, basically we grew into adulthood together. We got married at the ripe age of 20 (almost 21) and started our life together. I just can't believe how the past decade has flown and everything we have experienced together. Obvisouly, our proudest accomplishments are our 3 daughters. We have had a busy "twentysomething" but we could not be happier- well, he would like me to cook more and I would like him to pick up his dirty laundry more, but with those exceptions.... Wes has been going slowly going gray since his very early twenties so he is good and ready to face the thirties! I, on the other hand, am not! And its just around the corner. I am so thankful that Wes was put in my life- I can't wait to spend our 30's together and see what this decade holds. I love you, my "old" man!

1 comment:

The Fay's said...

This is a great picture of Wes!