Monday, March 2, 2009

I am 30!

I'm also a little bit behind...maybe that's due to the fact I am now 30! Turning 30, honestly, did not really bother me like I thought it may. I had some of the best events of my life happen in my 20's- I married my soul mate and best friend and together we had 3 healthy beautiful children. What more could I ask for and how could I complain about turning 30? I once heard the saying, "Having birthdays beats the alternative." I couldn't agree more! I'm so thankful for every day much less year I get to raise my daughters and watch them grow. Now that doesn't mean I don't wish I had a few less wrinkles or flab- but that's a very small price I'm willing to pay!
We celebrated my birthday the Saturday before. Kendra, David, Jill and Josh came down that morning and we spent the day doing fun girly stuff. A little shopping, McAlister's (which I used to love but the one in Prattville is absolutely horrible and I'll never go back!), and we went to Palm Beach Tan and got our spray tans on- us girls of course, the guys had the kids!


We all along with my mom went to eat dinner at Beef O'Brady's and then the adults had planned to meet some friends at Mulligan's- an "older", "mature", 80's type bar. Little did I know that my sisters had rented a LIMO to take us there and bring us home! I was shocked! Talk about arriving in style...


We let Alyssa and Anniston go for a ride through the neighborhood with us and that made their night! They loved it! Then we headed to Mulligan's where a group of our friends were.

We sat and talked (yelled) over the music and had a little (lot) to drink. I had some Rum and Diet Coke which led me to believe I could dance and I danced the night away! It was a lot of fun!



So, overall turning 30 was quite fun and I recommend everyone do it at least once. Thanks to my husband and sisters and brothers in law and mom and friends for helping me celebrate 30 wonderful years of life! I love you all!


"Be grateful to have been given one more day, let alone one more year. Remember to dance in your nightgown, sing in the shower, ride a bike, fly a kite, and take an occasional "wind bath" in your bare skin. Give those you love big kisses, huge hugs, and the words "I love you" often and always. Nurture your body rather than starve your soul with fad dieting. Spend time with the old and the weary to better appreciate your life. On your birthday, call your mother and father wherever they are to thank them for all they have done for you, even if you think they haven't done enough. Remember that you are not guaranteed tomorrow and that today is as good as it gets. Thank God for every "thing", every "day", every moment."

No comments: