Friday, March 6, 2009

(Little) Lady in Red

I was at Belk one day and found the most beautiful red nightgown on a clearance rack for Anniston. It just screamed out "Anniston"! However, she has a pajama drawer that nearly explodes every time its opened already and I really knew we didn't need another gown, even though it was originally $42 (I know, who in their right mind buys a $42 gown for a 4 year old???) and was marked down to $12. I'm pretty cheap- thrifty, tightwad, budget wise- and I reluctantly put the gown back and moved on. Fast forward a few weeks and I'm browsing through Belk's clearance racks once again. Everything is an ADDITIONAL 50% off. And then I see Anniston's red gown. Because now it's only $6 and that I will do. I knew she'd be excited but I had no idea. She was wearing it by 3:00 pm the day I gave it to her and we had trouble getting her out of it the next day. She absolutely LOVES her red gown. She'll put it on and say, "I love my new gown, Mommy." Maybe it would have been worth the original price of $42 after all. It makes her feel beautiful and special and loved and girly. She twirls in it and pauses in front of mirrors or glass doors to catch glimpses of herself in her red gown. I'm afraid she is going to be a little "high maintenance" and feel for her future husband! :) But, that's okay, too. She appreciates the "beautiful" things in life. Maybe we all need a red nightgown...

No comments: