Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Alyssa

Alyssa.  Our first child.  Strong, independent and wise.  And brave.  She may very well be one of the bravest people I know.  Except when it comes to the dark or being alone on one side of the house.  But you throw life at this girl, and she faces it head on.  She's so courageous and I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming.

We went to Calloway Gardens with the Fraziers before Christmas.  We drove through the "Fantasy in Lights" and visited the Butterfly Garden.  So beautiful!

This picture pretty much sums up Alyssa's relationship with her baby sister- she loves her and Ayden Claire adores Alyssa!  I know it's not always easy to be the oldest but Alyssa is truly the BEST big sister.  She's so helpful!

We took the girls fishing at Lanark one day this spring and Alyssa caught the biggest fish I've ever seen!  She was so excited.  It was catch and release so he went back to the lake to live happily every after with all of his fishy friends.

<3 this little girl!  She stole our hearts almost 10 years ago.  Wow, how time flies!

Wes and I just love this picture of Alyssa!  It is SO her!  A little bit of attitude and sass with a beautiful smile and those innocent little dimples.  And the leftover 4th of July tattoos.

Alyssa Grace will be 10 in four days and it just doesn't seem real!  Have we really been blessed with her for a decade now?  Have I really been a mommy for 10 years?!?  Unbelievable.  What I do know with certainty it that I could not be more thankful for this little girl. 

No comments: