Monday, August 30, 2010

Anniston

Anniston....our sweet, sweet Anniston.  She is holding steady her place as "middle child"- once was the baby and remembers that she was once the baby but now that spot is taken by her baby sister BUT she gets to be a big sister, too!  She had lots of exciting things happen this year.....

.....It snowed!  Twice!  I mean really, how often do you get TWO snow days a school year in Alabama???!??

.....She got glasses!  Pink glasses, of course. 
.......and she lost her first tooth on her 6th birthday!

.....She got a hamster!  She'd only been asking for one for months leading up to her birthday.  So, here's "Pluto"- the Chinese Dwarf hamster.  And shockingly he's still alive, 6 months later. 

....She was asked to be on the preteam at gymnastics!  She takes at the Armory in downtown Montgomery and they have been around forever and have some excellent gymnasts.  Anyone who knew Anniston when she was 8 months old and started walking (I promise, we have video!) knows that Anniston was destined to be a gymnast!  :)  She LOVES to tumble and stand on her head.  I've really never seen anything like it- she watches entire episodes of Hannah Montana in a headstand.  Crazy- but we love her.  And I sort of have hopes that one day Wes and I will be driving to the Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa to watch our baby at her Alabama gymnastics meet!  ;)  Roll Tide!

....She made All-Stars at the end of softball season!  Did I mention she's athletic?  ;)

....And she ran away from home, sadly.  Fortunately, she came back!  We would have really missed our precious little blondie!  (Please note she had totally dressed herself!  She looks a little homeless in whatever this is she was wearing!!!)

....and of course, what's a year without some slumber parties with besties??? 

And now our lovely, eccentric middle daughter is in 1st grade and loving it.  I never thought I'd see a day that Anniston went anywhere for any amount of time without me.  :(  But, it's a good thing, I know.  She loves me in such a special way- she just LOVES!  She is such a fun little girl and there are days that I just don't know where in the world she came from and I just have to shake my head....

1 comment:

The Jayne Journey! said...

Your descriptions of Anniston and Adyen Claire are perfect! They are precious : )