Monday, August 25, 2008

Fay, Fay, Go Away!

I am convinced being rained in for too many days will make you do wild and crazily insane things....such as ironing things I've never even thought about ironing! Its been raining here since Friday afternoon- literally since Friday afternoon and its now Monday afternoon. You do the math. Hurricane Fay, which flooded Florida, is now working her way through our great state and dumping more rain than any desperate farmer would ever want. Enough is enough! I went to put the kids in the car to take Anniston to school this morning about the time the tornado sirens started going off. So, we changed our plans and unloaded. Not that the sirens really scare me- I've heard the sirens so many times I am a little too unscared of them- but I hated for her to have to sit in the hallway all morning when she could be stuck at home all day with me going out of her mind! My backyard has become a lake and the front yard now has a river running through it. Poor Wilbur is lucky he hasn't drowned yet! I don't know when we are going to get some sunshine again, but it better be soon or I'll be ironing the towels. I have definitely decided I could never in a million years live in Seattle- I'd be in a loony bin!

No comments: