Thursday, August 14, 2008

Look Mom, No Hands!



Monday I took my baby- and by "baby" I mean my almost 8 year old- to her first day of second grade! I know we hear it all the time from every parent, but I'll say it anyway- it seems like just yesterday she was a baby. On the way to school, I reached over and tried to hold her hand. If you know Alyssa, or any 8 year old independent girl for that matter, you probably know that didn't go over too well with her! I said to her, "I know you don't want me to hold your hand in school so can I just hold it on the way, in the car.....no one will see!" No thanks, was basically her response! So we parked and Wes met us there to take the ritualistic first day walk- of course, this year it was all hands to yourself.....well, I think Anniston held my hand!


No comments: