Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Big 9!


Yesterday, Wes and I celebrated the 9th anniversary from the day we were married! It falls smack in the middle of our oldest and youngest girls birthdays so it tends to be a very busy time around our house. We were able to have dinner alone- yes, thats right, a table for 2, not 5 and not 2 with a highchair, just 2!- the night before our anniversary at Olive Garden. It was nice, not long enough, but nice nontheless. We were undecided about what to do on our actual anniversary so we opted to all 5 go to Longhorn's. It is about the only restaurant we haven't tried in the area. The food was pretty good but the company was great! I can't believe that in nine years our family has more than doubled in size and we have been blessed with 3 daughters- the fact that we have 3 girls makes me laugh quite often! We have had quite an eventful past nine years- from a move to Texas for almost six months to moving back to Alabama to settle in Montgomery, giving birth to our first daughter and becoming not only partners but parents, and then buying our first house in Millbrook and having two more girls! Along with such wonderful memories, we have also had some sad times- we each lost a very special grandparent, first my Granny in August of 2006 and then Wes's Pop the following January. I can proudly say though, through the good and the bad, happy and sad, I would say "I do" to my wonderful husband all over in a heartbeat. We may have started out young- the ripe age of 20 when we were married on a little island known as Jamaica- but we meant our vows and plan to grow old together. I can see us old and gray and wrinkled playing skipbo and watching late night T.V. together. Who knows, there may even be a grandSON one day!

No comments: