Monday, September 29, 2008

Why THAT Baby?

Today on one of our many weekly trips to Wal-Mart, we parked and were getting out of the car. I had Ayden Claire out of her carseat and was holding her and trying to hustle Anniston out of the car. She just stopped as she was about to step out and looked at me and out of the blue asked, "Mommy, why did you want a baby?", referring, obvisouly, to Ayden Claire. "Well, Mommy loved you and Sissy so much that I wanted another baby to love...." I tried to give a quick explanation so we could get going. "Yeah, but why did you want that baby?" Anniston pressed on. I guess she thought that I went in and picked from an assortment of babies and Ayden Claire caught my eye! "Well baby, I didn't know which baby I would get. God gave us the baby that he wanted us to have and I'm so glad he chose Ayden Claire for us. Aren't you?"
"Yep...."
And off we went. I guess it is kind of a gamble with kids...you don't know what kind of baby you are going to get but unlike gambling, you NEVER EVER regret you played the game. I wouldn't trade any of my children in for smarter, cleaner, neater, sweeter, cuter kids. I love them exactly as they are, flaws and all and if I could do it all over again, I wouldn't even think twice about it! So, I'm pretty glad we got "that baby" three times around- I can't believe how unique they all are but I know God has a plan for them and I am sure enjoying watching it unfold and being a part of it!

No comments: