Sunday, February 1, 2009

18 Wieners?

Yesterday was the last day of hunting season and being the good wife I am, I loaded up with Wes and all three girls and headed to my dads hunting camp 2 hours away at 3 am. (I told you I was a good wife!) I'll post about hunting season and the girls first experiences at the deer processor later! But on our way home, we detoured to go pick up some deer meat that we thought was ready in Demopolis. Well, it wasn't ready and we were in Demopolis and hungry. The McDonald's was terrifying in all sorts of ways and the cleanest thing we saw was a Jacks so we headed there. Then I spotted a Guthrie's and suggested that instead. Everyone was game for chicken and fries so we all agreed and whipped in. We were sitting at our little booth finishing up when that old song- maybe by the group Alabama, I'm not sure?- "18 Wheeler" came on. You know the one..."roll on highway, roll on 18 wheeler til I get back home...." or something along those lines. I could tell Alyssa was listening to it and when it went off she got this funny/curious look on her sleepy little face. She giggled and said, "That song was funny. It kept saying 18 wieners." We, of course busted into laughter at her! Then I tried to convince her that they weren't saying "Wieners" but she wasn't believing me! She just knew she'd heard correctly, and besides, a song about 18 Wieners is way funnier that one about wheels, right?

1 comment:

The Jayne Journey! said...

That is so funny! We should definetly get some type of award for being awesome wives for hunting season!!! I know about the processing places - they are horrible... the smell and the corps they have just laying around. AND not to mention - no bathrooms where Jason hunts - completely out of my norm!