Sunday, February 1, 2009

"Utterly"...Strange Sight

Friday morning I dropped Anniston off at Preschool like usual and then headed to Wal-Mart for my usual Friday morning grocery run. I was driving along the little two lane road like I usually do when I saw something completely out of the usual- a cow was standing on the side of the road! It was in front of an old house that had burned down and was just standing there eating grass not 6 feet from the road. I pulled over to check my eyes and make sure I wasn't going crazy! But there, right across from where I had pulled my car off the road, was this huge cow obviously out of place with cars whizzing by it. A few slowed down to gawk quickly but not wanting to hold up traffic moved on. No one ever stopped though. I just couldn't believe no one thought this was a matter that might need to be tended to besides me! I called Wes who had his dispatcher radio someone in Millbrook and let them know a cow was on the side of the road- they got quite a laugh about this I might add! Finally, the owner pulled up in a minivan and said the cow belonged to him and he would get him back home. I'm not sure how the cow wound up where he did or if he made it back home but it was an interesting way to start the day. When I got back home Wes, being the funny man that he is, had sent me this email:

Ma'am,

Tank u fer makin sure i gots back into my pasture its nice getin to go tri sum grass on tha uther side of da fince i hop u wutn afinded bout me poopin in frunt of ya dat new grass upset my tummi i was so happy to c uncle jebs van i ran fer joy culdnt remember how to git bak inta my yard pleaz takmy pictur as a sign of my tanks


you brought a smil to ma fac luv,

da cow u watchd dis mornin

Which of course cracked me up! But I told him I think the cow would have said "UTTER side of the fence"- ha ha!

No comments: