Friday, April 24, 2009

Undefeated


Last night Anniston's team, the Barber Dolls, went for their 6th straight win. A little over halfway through the game her coach made a decision to forfeit the game and called our girls off the field. A decision I have never seen made and this is our 5th season to play ball. I am so proud of his decision!
What began as just an ordinary 6 and under girls softball game went badly wrong in the 2nd or 3rd inning- I'm not sure which. The coaches for the other team felt a wrong call was made and became EXTREMELY hostile and obscene to a point that Coach Brian didn't feel it was a safe or positive atmosphere to play in. I have never seen anything like it. I'm not sure what, but I'm sure some type of action will be taken against the 3 coaches who were swearing loudly and continually. The other team was VERY excited that we forfeited and they "won"- although, I'm not sure you can consider it a "win". I know our coach behaved in a respectful and classy manner and I was proud to be a parent to a child on his team. I think our team still deserves the title of "Undefeated".

1 comment:

Antique Mommy said...

Oh glory be. I cannot believe this kind of stuff goes on, that adults scream and cuss in front of children over a KIDS BASEBALL GAME. For Pete's sake. What did you tell your children about all that? I would use it to tell my kiddo that yes, some people behave that way but we don't and don't they look SILLY?