Friday, April 3, 2009

Finally Friday

It's been a LONG week and I am past being ready for some sunshine and dry weather! Today's forecast along with tomorrows look promising, thank God. This week couldn't have drug by any slower if it tried. Now that I can get out and about without a boat I've got to finish getting ready for Easter. We have dresses but the Bunny needs to do some work on the baskets.
The highlight of my week was registering Anniston for Kindergarten. We got there extra early to get in line and I was the first person in line for Kindergarten requests. The lady in front of me was requesting for 1st grade. After much thought, I decided to go with Mr. Hodum once again. The man is an amazing teacher and tons of fun. And Alyssa did actually learn to read when she had him despite the condition of his room. I have never seen so much STUFF in a classroom. He is really unique and the kids just love him. Hopefully she will have a good class and enjoy kindergarten as much as Alyssa. I'm excited for her because I know it's time and school will be good for her. I am sure I'll be a little sad sending her off next year. But I know she will be in excellent hands. Alyssa's three years at Coosada have been nothing but wonderful. They have loved her and she has learned so much and has had superb teachers. I can't sing their praises enough- we love CES!
Alyssa had her first softball game last Saturday and played catcher and outfield. She did great! She's really working hard on her pitching- she wants to pitch so bad! She went to a lesson Tuesday after school and worked one on one with a girl who showed her some warm ups and techniques. My neighbor who coaches a high school team said he would work with her, too. She loves practicing pitching with her dad. It's all she does from the time she gets home and finishes homework until supper. So we'll see. I'll let you know when she gets to pitch in an actual game and how it goes.
Ayden Claire is (for the most part) sweet as ever. She talking much more! Hopefully her latest ear infections are gone since we finished the antibiotic. She's no longer on strike from eating, so that's good! She's such a little sweetie. I could just eat her up! I am constantly kissing her chubby cheeks- they are my favorite and since she's still little, she doesn't object to all the smooches!
Well, that's our life for the moment. Living at the ballpark and trying not to drown in all this rain. I still plan to blog about our Disney vacation- soon, I hope!

1 comment:

The Jayne Journey! said...

I glad it's Friday too but we have a jam packed weekend I may be looking forward to Monday! I was thinking about going to B'ham next Friday to shop that's why I wondered if ya'll were out - but I have changed my mind and we are going to stay and get ready for Easter lunch at our house (the Easter Bunny is behind in this part of Alabama too)! I really want to see some pics of the Kindergarten teachers room - I remember you talking about it!!!