Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fun In The Sun

The girls and I went to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach for a few nights this summer. My aunt Sheila and her twins Meredith and Madison and my Ma-Maw were staying in a condo there. We met them and the girls had a blast catching up and getting to spend time with one another! Meredith and Madison are a year younger than Alyssa and they all got along wonderfully.

Ayden Claire did not get along wonderfully with the sand, however. She was NOT getting off the towel nor was she walking in the sand!

Alyssa and Anniston getting some use out of their boogie boards.


We stayed at the Phoenix West. They sold huge snow cones out by the pool. After making the biggest mess imaginable with ours the first day, we decided against getting anymore!

Ayden Claire swimming with Alyssa

Ayden Claire loved the slide! She would go down over and over as long as Alyssa would take her! What a great big sister she has!

We went on a Dolphin Cruise one afternoon. I must admit, I wasn't as excited about it as the kids were and I was skeptical. I figured we'd see a dolphin or two for a minute or two and that would be that. It was actually very entertaining! We saw plenty of dolphins- not just jumping up randomly here and there. The boat was basically making waves for the dolphins to play in and they would swim alongside the boat for the longest time. I wish I'd gotten pictures now, but I think I was just too busy watching them to worry with the camera. It was lots of fun! Ayden Claire wasn't any too thrilled with the mandatory life preserver, though.

The girls enjoying the boat ride. It was hot but felt pretty nice while the boat was moving. So fun!

Of course, what would a beach trip be without a night spent at the Track?

Meredith and Alyssa insisted on riding the bumper boats. Needless to say, they had to dry out a little afterwards.

Ayden Claire loved the swings almost as much as she loved the slide back at the condo! I have a picture somewhere of Alyssa at this exact age on these swings. Wow-time flies!

Sadly, this will probably be the last time she rides the swings. She was really a hair too tall, but he didn't say anything. She looked quite bored and embarrassed for most of the ride. She's ready to move on to bigger and better and faster things.

Could Anniston be any prettier? She was such a sweet sister riding the kiddie rides with Ayden Claire. Usually Alyssa takes on the role of "big sister" but when Anniston does, she's wonderful too! After all, she learned from one of the best big sisters- Alyssa!

At the end of the week, Wes came down and spend a few nights with us at my dad and Jackie's house. We had a great time visiting them and Jay. Again, I didn't get any pictures at their house but we did go take a few beach pictures one day. It was not very successful, but we tried.


Check back soon, as I hope to have some family beach pictures that do turn out posted soon!!!

No comments: