Thursday, September 3, 2009

School Days....3rd Grade!

Alyssa started 3rd grade this year. No joke, 3rd grade. The school she was at, Coosada, was K-2 so this year she also changed schools. Airport Road Intermediate is 3rd and 4th grade. It is brand new this year so its exciting to be in a new building. Her teachers are Mrs. Kidwell and Mrs. Judge. Yes, that's right- 2 teachers! She changes up throughout the day. One teacher teaches math, science and social studies while the other teaches english, reading and spelling. Its a change all around for Alyssa (and for me!). I must admit, I am more nervous about 3rd grade than she is. But, she is a smart and sweet girl- I know she'll do great! So far, so good!
The first day in the first day outfit she picked out.



Sisterly support for Day 1!

The new backpack. Complete with monogram, of course.

Getting some 3rd grade advice from Aunt Jill.

1 comment:

The Mikel Family said...

My name is Heather Mikel. My sister-in-law is Meredith Ramer... you had made a comment on Kelly's Korner about your connection w/ our terrible tragedy... I didn't know if you would be interested to follow Meredith's blog, but I wanted to give you the address AND also say thank you for all of your prayers!
http://ramerbunch.blogspot.com