Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Terrible 2? Never!

On September 14th, 2009, it happened.  Ayden Claire turned 2.  I couldn't stop it from happening even if I'd wanted to.  I love babies and everything that comes with the whole "baby" phase and all of my girls will forever be my "babies"; however, I know that they can't forever physically stay babies.  I would like for the hands of time to slow just a bit- the years just seem to go by entirely to quickly!  Ayden Claire's birthday fell on a Monday- 10 days after Alyssa's 9th birthday, 3 days after the Taylor Swift concert, 4 days after our 10th wedding anniversary and 3 days before Wes and I left for a cruise.  Did I mention her birthday fell on a Monday?  Needless to say, it was quite a hectic week!  We decided not to have a party this year.  Now, that doesn't mean we didn't celebrate- we just celebrated amongst ourselves.  I was very torn about this decision- I love birthdays and I love parties.  I love all the little details and try to make them special.  But.  We just didn't have time this year.  Honestly.  There wasn't a free weekend the entire month of September and with family being 2 hours away and her not really having a lot of "friends"....you get the picture.  I hope she doesn't hold the whole "turning 2 without an official party" thing against us and  need therapy down the road over it.  Back to celebrating- Ayden Claire woke up to us singing "Happy Birthday" around her crib. She wasn't quite amused enough to take her thumb out of her mouth, but she was amused nontheless.

I love this picture of her looking out of the corner of her eyes. I think she looks just like Anniston in it- and I normally don't really see a lot of Alyssa or Anniston in her.  I just see Ayden Claire!  But this one reminds me so much of Anniston- maybe its the way her hair almost looks blonde!

I made muffins for breakfast and we sang and blew out candles- she needed practice before the real deal!


Then we got dressed to take the big girls to school.  I had found this birthday dress at TJ Maxx months ago- for $5!  It was perfect for Ayden Claire- very princess-y and pink.  And on sale.


She had lots of fun in her birthday dress!

She loved her new baby doll! 


We went to O'Charley's to eat.  My mom went with us and the balloon man was there so of course we had to get the birthday princess a crown!  Afterwards, we came back home and had cake and sang a little more "Happy Birthday" and blew out candles once more before bedtime.  Party or not, I think Ayden Claire had a great 2nd birthday!

Happy 2nd!  Mommy loves you!


"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."

~Love You Forever

2 comments:

life with my sweeties said...

She is SO cute!!!!

The Wilson's said...

Happy Birthday to Ayden Claire!!! Looks like she had a fabulous day!